Sunday 24 July 2011

Le Jardin Dangereux

Today we took advantage of a brief window of sunshine to visit the Royal Horticultural Society garden at Wisley. I actually stripped down to just one of the three jerseys I have been wearing since arrival in the soggy northern hemisphere, such was the summery magnificence of the day. 

Although Mother Nature is generally bountiful and nurturing, the garden was not without hazards. To name but a few examples: spiny 2 metre-high thistles; angry wasps disputing the ownership of our fruit juice; unusually large & aggressive carp beaching themselves in a slurping feeding frenzy.

Also, I dropped a cup of apple juice on my feet in the middle of the restaurant, and then dropped my Chanel sunglasses into the apple juice when pointlessly leaning down to examine the mess. On the whole, a lovely day though.



No comments:

Post a Comment