Saturday 30 July 2011

Can this holiday possibly get any better?

My niece has been waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares lately. She refuses to be placated and feels that the rest of the household should share her pain, so she cries until her brother wakes up and they proceed to sob and howl in tandem until daybreak. This has been putting unbearable strain on sleeping patterns, marriages and people trying to have a holiday.

Apparently they cannot be drugged so we are resorting to bribery. At my sister's behest the afternoon was dedicated to the creation of a fairy-themed reward chart. After 5 unbroken nights of sleep, my niece has been promised a fairy necklace.

Unfortunately, having worked for years in an advertising agency I can barely draw anything. Even though copied from a picture off the net, my portrait of Tinker-bell has come out looking as though her mother smoked during pregnancy. She has extremely stunted legs because I ran out of room at the bottom of the page, along with quite an enlarged jaw, one tiny hand and a rather beefy upper body. My niece seems quite pleased with it though. I just hope it doesn't give her nightmares.

Order your signed limited-edition print today!

No comments:

Post a Comment