Monday 17 October 2011

PowerPointless

Today it was my lot to prepare a presentation document in the dreaded PowerPoint. In the past I have wriggled out of such duties on the grounds that I don't know (and refuse to learn) how PowerPoint works. This time I got suckered in by a plaintive request to 'create a template we can follow', which somehow became 'just take this hideous 40-page strategy document designed by a blindfolded chimpanzee and re-do the whole thing so it looks good'.

I wouldn't exactly say I've become a PowerPoint aficiando through this experience though. After failing to achieve one or two simple tasks, I resorted to designing everything in a different, more helpful programme, and slapping down the artwork in non-editable pictures onto the slides. Which might cause difficulties when the inevitable typos are discovered. I was also less than thrilled to hear that the head of strategy will be looking at the presentation tomorrow to decide which slides he can cull. How about deciding that before I spend 3 hours in Photoshop trying to make a boring spreadsheet look like an appetising plate of food?

BPY5PYXZKYDE

No comments:

Post a Comment