Saturday 29 October 2011

Grosseries

Denied! And it looked so appealing.
My local supermarket has truly embraced the spirit of Halloween, not shying away from the darker undertones of corruption and decay - witness the attached picture.

Speaking of decay, it's all over between me and bananas. Every week I optimistically buy a bunch, determined to inject some fruity natural goodness into my diet.

Usually I forget I've got them on day one. On day two, I remember them but by that time ominous brown speckles have already appeared. I diligently eat one anyway. On day three, the pestilent speckles have taken over and the bananas are rank, overripe, decomposing brown lepers. At the end of the week I consign the remaining eleven bananas to the dustbin. I put it down to insufficient irradiation and genetic tampering.

I did notice one good sign as I toured the supermarket: my compulsion to buy lottery tickets has disappeared, which is a sign that life at the office has definitely improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment