Thursday 1 September 2011

Directorial debut

Yesterday I was dispatched with two cameramen and a sound guy to film a couple of our clients testifying to the thrilling experience of working with the agency. This would then be edited into a dynamic presentation to impress potential future clients.

I was equipped with a script detailing questions I should ask, along with the desired answers. I instructed the clients to keep their remarks short and punchy, and I carefully framed the shots to show hints of company logos and artwork behind them. It seemed to go quite well.

On viewing the footage today however, the project was not quite the success I had imagined. Somehow I had captured a series of rambling monologues in which very little of value was said at all. There were many 'ums', 'aahs' and shifty darting of eyes. The interviewees all contrived to look slumped, grey-faced, confused or otherwise unhappy.

I blame the cameramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment