Friday 9 September 2011

Parental Dilemma

Today my 4 year-old niece began making enquiries of my sister concerning the nature of food, particularly meat. As a veteran of stroking doe-eyed herbivores at petting farms, the news that we fricassee and eat animals predictably came as something of a shock to her.

In fact, she outright rejected this notion as appalling, heinous and simply impossible. My sister indicated tacit agreement with these views while discreetly encouraging her to finish the ham she was eating.

2 comments:

  1. This happened to me when I was four. they would always read me animal farm books and sing Old Mac Donald had a farm. It is so heartbreaking knowing they are adorable and I love the way they taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying this blog, love the way it's written!

    ReplyDelete