Monday 12 September 2011

All trained up

You might imagine that my new all-dough diet means that I am no longer in a position to sneer at the MAM's breakfast pie-fest, but you'd be wrong.

The office was relatively peaceful today, so I took the opportunity to complete the mandatory online corporate governance training demanded by our US parent company.

This took at least an hour more than necessary because of the 'fun & interactive' game show interface they'd designed. Virtual employees answered questions on corporate conduct put to them by the game show host, and you had to decide whether or not their answers were correct. No amount of stabbing the fast forward button and screaming 'GET ON WITH IT' could cut out the idiotic 'banter' between host and contestants.

Personally I sided with the contestant who thought that the expansion of the business into new territories could be helped along by small gratuities paid to government officials, but apparently this is frowned on. I wasn't so keen on the woman who wanted charitable dollars forcibly deducted from every employee's account on a monthly basis. Sadly for her this turned out to be against company policy too. And so it went on, interminably.

There may have been a bit in there about not defaming your employer in your blog, but I was occupied with one of my jam doughnuts at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment