Wednesday 14 September 2011

There's good news and there's bad news...

Let us be honest - when people hit you with that one, they are in fact saying: 'Here's some bad news.'

A laptop has finally materialised, but not in the hoped-for, pristine, designed-in-California, brand new packaging. Au contraire, my go-between delivered it encased in a slightly scruffy laptop bag belonging to the shady guy's wife, to whom this pre-loved laptop had formerly belonged. Apparently.

Finally getting hold of one of the shady guy's various direct contact numbers, I made it clear that this was not an acceptable substitute for the quoted item. He assured me that this laptop was in perfect working order with extra memory and a personal warranty assuring his services for 2 years. I pointed out the dubious value of a personal warranty given by someone who can virtually never be contacted, fails to turn up at appointed times and offers his wife's cast-off computer in place of a new MacBook Pro.

The shady guy accepted this harsh assessment, and told me he would pop by to retrieve the rejected laptop. I told him I wouldn't be giving it up until I got my money back. Affronted at my 'lack of trust', he is coming to my house in person in about half an hour's time for a espionage novel-style contraband-for-cash exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment