Sunday 4 September 2011

Epiphany!

It came to me this evening at about 5.15pm as I was beavering away on the big pitch: I've chosen a career which is the nearest possible thing to still being at school.

Consider the similarities:
Spending the day writing & drawing, then having my efforts assessed by an authority figure. Check.

Being surrounded by naughty little boys who spend most of the day hanging around the back of the building, smoking. Check.

Regular assemblies (or 'staff meetings'), in which we are lectured by the headmaster (or 'CEO') on the virtues of discipline and hard work. Check.

Frequently summoned to the office of the uptight spinster head-teacher for a dressing-down. Check.

Detention. Check.

I could go on indefinitely.

Does this choice of career point to a certain immaturity on my part? Check.




No comments:

Post a Comment