Tuesday 13 December 2011

Is it just me...

...or is there something peculiar about this? I found it attached to the gate when I got home this evening.

I am convinced it's a coded message. Somebody arriving at the front entrance to my townhouse estate will see this and know to take the suitcase of amphetamines to the disused warehouse near the gasworks.

Or else it's a haiku. There's something strangely zen about the composition. I think it's the enormous gap after 'AND..............................', giving the reader time to reflect. Then there are those tiny, tiny words at the bottom left which contradict the sentiment, 'It would be greatly appreciated'.

The third possibility is that Marguerite has a strong emotional attachment to a green curtain which someone accidentally removed, presumably when they accidentally leaned in through a window and accidentally detached a hundred curtain hooks.

You better believe I'm on the lookout for that green curtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment