Friday 23 December 2011

FREEDOM

The last few painful hours at the office have been suffered through, and tonight I fly to London to spend the Christmas break with my sister and her lovely family.

I can't wait, although flying long-distance does bring with it some inevitable anxieties. Will the airport scales agree that my luggage is just a shade under the 23kg allowed? Will sniffer dogs detect the lovingly-baked Christmas cake my mother has made me pack?

Last time I was at the airport I saw some poor woman having her muffins confiscated when a treacherous beagle parked itself next to her suitcase, staring accusingly up at her and waiting for the reward from its handler.

Also, I hope they don't attempt to weigh my hand luggage. It looks like a normal cabin trolley, but is in fact packed with the density of solid plutonium. When pulled along, the wheels could leave grooves in a concrete floor.


Further holiday updates to follow from the Other Side...

No comments:

Post a Comment