Friday 11 November 2011

Pep talk

Still in a state of euphoria about the departure of the Red Queen after four painful years to pursue her new (and hopefully doomed) business opportunity.

Unable to keep this exuberance to myself, I have been informing anyone who will listen about my delight with the new status quo.

I couldn't resist unburdening myself to the Human Resources manager when I spotted her in the canteen, but this was a mistake as I had to endure a mini motivational speech about how I had been holding back my full potential under the reign of the Red Queen, and it was now time for me to really step up and start applying myself.

In my view, this is the equivalent of being the ward of a feckless single mother who marries a notorious child abuser, looking on indulgently as your stepfather screws you nightly for four years. When he finally buggers off, your mother informs you that it's time you got over the whole thing and started doing a few more chores around the house.

Okay, maybe it's not the exact equivalent. But it's a bit like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment