Thursday 11 August 2011

blood 'n guts

Mayday! This morning the Most Annoying Man obligingly helped me out with a job I was doing. This is disastrous. For obvious reasons I can't be the author of a blog entitled 'Sitting opposite a relatively nice man who smells a bit'. How ANNOYING!

Anyway, while TV coverage of the riots and attendant collapse of civilisation has been enthralling, for a guilty fix of sheer gruesomeness I'm yearning for 'Real A&E' as seen on Sky HD 1. This series follows the work of the emergency care personnel at the University Hospital in Walsgrave. My sister and brother-in-law are addicted and they got me hooked on it too.

For some reason, every episode seems to include a horsey woman who gets thrown, kicked or otherwise molested by her steed. There's nothing like a horse for dealing a bone-crushing, flesh-slicing lash of the hoof or throwing you into a barbed wire fence. And strangely the horsey woman never holds a grudge, raring to leap back into the saddle as soon as possible even though her lower leg is hanging on by a shred of skin, instead of having the bastard melted down for glue. God, I miss that show.

A horse dunnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment