Sunday 14 August 2011

All shopped out

It seems that I am losing the will to shop, which is tantamount to losing the will to live. Since winter is over, I forced myself out to the mall today in pursuit of some much-needed summery clothing. So naturally I came home with nothing but comfy thermal underwear. And it wasn't even on sale.

Everything in the shops seems horrendously expensive and shoddily made. Where once I had the patience to rifle through piles of horrible sale garments in search of a gem, I now just can't be bothered. It used to be that some of my favourite gear had been triumphantly snapped up from a sale rack. Either clothes were generally better then, or else I wasn't very discriminating. Probably the latter. When shopping these days I am easily distracted by hunger, thirst or need for the toilet. I have lost the single-minded drive neccessary for successful clothes shopping. Please let this just be a phase...

Slaxliners. All the rage.



2 comments:

  1. I am getting very concerned about you Trotter. The shopping trip to Parkhurst is becoming more pressing.

    ReplyDelete