Friday 5 August 2011

Back to reality

To combat the inevitable post-holiday depression, I have tried hard to seek out some reasons to be cheerful about my return.

Small consolations:
1. The house remains unburgled.
2. The car started (reluctantly).
3. Only one pot plant died.
4. I missed out on the last really nasty cold snap of winter. Probably.
5. Magically, I look better in the mirrors in my house.
6. The world's most annoying man was not present at the office today.

But on the down side:
1. Have to go back to actually performing work to get the monthly paycheck.
2. The supply of Cadburys chocolate swiss mini-rolls has been cut off.
3. My car has accumulated a layer of dust of a thickness last seen coating the sarcophagus of Ramesses II when his tomb was opened after a thousand years. Also the local cats had a jamboree on it, so the windscreen is obscured by countless scuffed little pawprints.
4. Seeing my house with fresh eyes all of a sudden. How long have the bathroom walls been cultivating that green mould?

No comments:

Post a Comment