Sunday 1 January 2012

To Infinity and Beyond

As usual, didn't make it to midnight on New Year's Eve. Was in bed by 10.30pm, with a vague return to consciousness around twelve when the fireworks started up. Then startled awake at 4.15am by a sudden loud clattering noise, seemingly in my bedroom.

I decided it could only be coming from behind the little door which leads into the spooky loft space. I got up the courage to open the door and investigate using the (slightly feeble) iPhone flashlight app, but nothing was revealed. The rain tapping against the window and the lit-up Gothic church visible outside did not help to lighten the atmosphere.

Today was spent in the epic task of helping to tidy the children's toy room, and preparations for tonight's flight home. My niece wanted to know why I was taking off my bed linen. When I told her it was going to be washed, her response was 'Why, did somebody wee on it?'. Clearly, this is the sole reason for the doing of laundry when you are four.

Finally, I took a last walk in the p*ssing rain to the corner shop using the children's Buzz Lightyear umbrella which was frankly a little on the small side. This will be a damp flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment