Monday 11 June 2012

winter of discontent

Thanks to the cold snap currently going on, I awoke to the bleak reality of monday morning curled up in the foetal position in one corner of the bed. I have been managing to drag myself out of bed in the stygian pre-dawn gloom in order to get to work on time, but at what cost to my mental well-being I would like to know. Whoever made up this 8:30 rule did not foresee the exponential increase in city traffic of the last decade.

This past weekend was delightful not least because of the novelty of being at home during daylight hours. I stumbled in after nightfall this evening and knocked over the DVD stand while trying to turn on a lamp. Admittedly it is not the most stable of furnishings, since I made it myself during a period of enforced austerity years ago. It's toppled over a couple of times in the past. Now it's become a bit of a health hazard with pieces constantly being knocked off the glass shelving leaving some rather jagged platforms for the discs to rest upon.

At work, we have now moved offices. Only to about 20 feet away, but at least now when standing up I no longer slam my chair into the the back of the person behind me. I have a sliver of window with a view down into a sunken courtyard containing a Wendy house used by the smokers during inclement weather. S'great.





1 comment:

  1. Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?
    I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had issues
    with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Have a look at my homepage; weightloss plans

    ReplyDelete