Monday 4 June 2012

New job

Day One: got up much earlier than usual, in keeping with the stipulated commencement of work at 8:30am (at previous company breezing in at 9 onwards was deemed acceptable). But thanks to the hanging out of much holiday washing, watching of Sky news and being trapped in horrendous traffic, I contrived to be late for my first day.

Most of the morning was spent in meetings, where people discussed important matters. I didn't contribute much (or anything, in fact) as I had no idea what they were on about. I did find out where the toilets were and procured an access tag with which to open doors. I now have an enormous wedge of forms to fill out for Human Resources, and a pretty handbook setting out the ethos of my new company. Must get to work on time tomorrow. That might go some way towards demonstrating the passion and commitment demanded by the handbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment