Friday 2 March 2012

Moving

The entire office got the day off while a removals company organised the exodus to our new premises. This is actually a minor miracle, as in my experience office moves usually involve the humping of many boxes and heavy pieces of furniture by the indentured work force.

It's been a very hot day. Full of misdirected zeal, I set off to buy DIY equipment in order to put up new blinds. At the hardware megastore I found a parking spot under a tree, and edged as far forward as possible to get the car into a patch of shade. I edged right onto an ornamental curb stone, scraping my bumper and coming close to pulling it right off as I backed out again.

Serves me right for squandering this unexpected gift of a day on attempted DIY when it should have been spent on the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment