Friday 10 February 2012

Excavating beneath rock bottom

This week I was asked to design a logo for a pitch another division of our company was working on. Their art director had already designed two logo options, which I can say without fear of contradiction were absolutely fucking terrible. I mean truly, shockingly, knocked-together-in-3-seconds-using-Microsoft Paint-bad.

I stayed at work late doing four new options for them, which although perhaps not examples of undiluted design genius, were at least eight thousand times better than the gems they'd created. I thought I'd seen the last of this job, but no. Today I was roped into making up their enormous pitch presentation, which involved applying the chosen logo to endless print ads and TV storyboards.

I asked which logo they'd selected and these imbeciles sent me (of course) one of the COMPLETE PIECES OF CRAP they'd done themselves. I decided to spare myself the aggravation of a debate about this. Having accomplished as much as I could manage during the day, I was out of there at 5pm despite heavy hints that I should stay for as long as it would take to finish.

My life.

No comments:

Post a Comment